Guidelines for functioning in a Healthcare World are the same as the values, ethics and confidentiality policies employees are expected to live every day, whether you’re Tweeting, talking with customers or chatting over the neighbor’s fence. Remember, your responsibility to Guardian Angel Staffing Agency, Inc., (“Guardian Angel”) doesn’t end when you are off the clock. For that reason, this policy applies to both company sponsored social media and personal use as it relates to Guardian Angel Staffing Agency, Inc..
What You Should Do:
- Disclose your Affiliation: If you talk about work related matters that are within your area of job responsibility you must disclose your affiliation with Guardian Angel.
- State That It’s YOUR Opinion: When commenting on the business. Unless authorized to speak on behalf of Guardian Angel, you must state that the views expressed are your own.
- Protect Yourself: Be careful about what personal information you share online.
- Act responsibly and ethically: When participating in online communities, do not misrepresent yourself. If you are not a vice president, don’t say you are.
- Honor Our Differences: Live the values. Guardian Angel will not tolerate discrimination (including age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local laws, regulations or ordinances). Nor will Guardian Angel tolerate any violent, hostile, or harassing behavior(s).
What You Should Never Disclose:
Basically, if you find yourself wondering if you can talk about something you learned at work — don’t. Follow Guardian Angel’s policies and live the company’s values and philosophies. They’re there for a reason.
Just in case you are forgetful or ignore the guidelines above, here’s what could happen. You could:
- Get fired (and it’s embarrassing to lose your job for something that’s so easily avoided)
- Get Guardian Angel, and yourself in legal trouble with customers or investors
- Cost Guardian Angel the ability to get and keep customers, and could potentially cost you your healthcare license.
Remember: protect the brand, protect yourself.