Guardian Angel is committed to providing a work environment that is free of harassment and other unlawful discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, we maintain a strict policy prohibiting harassment based on an individual’s sex, race, religion, national origin or citizenship, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or preference, or any other protected status. Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Racial epithets, derogatory remarks relating to one of the categories protected by federal, state or local law, unwanted sexual advances, invitations or comments.
- Displaying derogatory or lewd posters, photographs, cartoons or drawings, or making sexual gestures.
- Unwanted touching, blocking normal movements, or interfering with work because of the employee’s sex or status in one of the protected categories.
- Threats or demands to submit to sexual requests in order for the employee to keep their job or avoid some other adverse action loss, and offers of job benefits in return for sexual favors.
- Any discriminatory conduct so severe or pervasive that it creates a work environment abusive to employees because of their sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual preference or orientation, age, pregnancy, veteran status, or citizenship.
- Retaliation for having reported or threatened to report harassment.